Feeling Down

over 13 years ago

I have felt so low for a long time now and it does not appear to be getting better. Any advice to take these horrible feelings away?

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

First thing you can get these feelings under control I wonder if what your experiencing is a lack of purpose in your life have you thought about perhaps donating a little bit of your time to help other people such as the homeless, or some kind of charity or anything of your choice just to put a bit of purpose back in your life. I know that over the last few months I was down and since coming to this website and giving some advice to others this has given me back some purpose in my life and has helped me get through my own problems and make those battles that little bit easier to deal with.

Just a thought do you have an idea of history in your family in regards to depression have any of your other family members gone through this. I would suggest talking to your doctor and see what they see about things perhaps they can recommend someone to talk to I am not saying you suffer from depression but do talk to someone in regards to this and what direction you can take in regards to dealing with this as you do have many options available and everyone is different and require different things.

When did this all start what triggered these feelings perhaps you have not dealt with what started this in the first place grief as an example if not dealt with at the time can continue for a long time to come. Talking to someone such as your doctor maybe a good starting point but take a look at when this all began that may be where the answer lies in how to sort these feelings that you are experiencing.

over 13 years ago
clairvoyantvision didn't upload a photo

Angel Sound (clairvoyantvision)

168 posts

sometimes it is just a phase that people go thru. Just try to remain positive and look at things one problem at a time instead of trying to solve everything all at once.

over 13 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

angel is probably right. perhaps you are just not living up to your potential. if you do decide to seek psychological help make sure you are seeing somebody who specializes in therapy and will be willing to talk to you and help you through your problems rather than just take your money and give you pills.

over 13 years ago

Thank you all for your advice. I’ve just finished a year worth of therapy! And I don’t want to take pills as they don’t really deal with the problem. Yes I have to find a new purpose, my only purpose in life seems to be my son who is 9 and very hard work. I know he is a blessing but he can also be hard work. Thank you again x

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

I think I know what is happening here it may just be that you are exhausted that you have given so much of yourself to others that you forgot about you taking care of your needs. Perhaps you need to take some time out each day for you, a guilty pleasure to feed the inner you such as a manicure/pedicure find what makes you happy. You will need to be upfront with others and tell them that at this time I cannot be disturbed as this is my time after that they can have your attention. You time is so important I just think you lost your joy in life because so many depend on you that you got lost somehow so I guess find a time each day for you what is good is exercise such as yoga or something that will make you feel good about yourself. And it does help curb depression as well as it releases certain endorphans that make you happy.