Stuck in the middle

over 13 years ago

So as most of you know I am at my parent’s still, I was wanting to go home on Tuesday, and so did my husband so we can talk, but my mom had other plans.. and here I am in the middle… So I am finally going back home today, my mom was hopping to have me for another week or so, but I can’t.. I just want to be home, I was great staying here, but it’s time up now.. for the longer I stay the more she feels like she has her little girl back. I wil be happy to be home.

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

You need to talk to your mother and tell her that if you need her you will contact her but time to go home that you do appreciate the fact that they let you stay there it was a muchh needed break. If you never tell her what you think or feel this will go on and on and on how are you going to get on when a child comes into the picture and she is trying to control how you raise the child sometimes you have to put your foot down.

over 13 years ago

hard to just put your foot down, when your mother is very good at making you feeling like crap

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

It is oall about tact if I can walk away from my family because of the crap they have thrown at me then I am certain you can find the strength to be honest with your mum about how that stuff makes you feel. An idea on an approach ask your mum how it makes her feel when someone does something she does not like and then tell her that is exactly how you feel when she does what she does to you. I am certain that once you point that out she will then back off but you do need to take back control. I don’t like my dads mother and she kept emailing me her rubbish I got fed up and told her where to go that was after I cut contact with my parents. It is called tough love but if you do not take care of number one first and let others walk all over you in the end it will have an adverse affect on you that is why you have to stand up to your mum and point out how it makes you feel.

Here is a thought as to why your mum does what she does you said that you are adopted have you thought that maybe your mum is scared of losing you to your real mum in any way I had a friend who was adopted and she wanted to find her real parents but her adopted mum did not want her to and would not give her the names of her parents. I think her adopted mum made her feel bad about wanting to find her real parents. It could be just this is scared to lose you and is being very possessive and overly protective to try and not lose you we do odd things when fear is involved. I still say talk to your mum.

over 13 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

try to bring it up nicely. start off with something along the lines of “i love you mom and i appreciate everything your doing but..” im sorry but she needs to understand your a grown woman and your husband is all by himself right now.