Do You Know What You're Self Limiting Beliefs Are?

over 8 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

Many times we may write something down, or even speak negative words out loud. Usually negative words we say are what we believe.

For example:

All men cheat. No one cares about me. I’ll never make it. I’m wasting my time. I’m to busy. It will take to long. I’ll get hurt again. I can’t trust a woman. I’ll never get married again. I’ll never listen to my brother again.

Usually our beliefs are emotionally charged because they have a connection with a bad experience. Because you have had a negative experience on the past, you project on to the present situation no matter how great or small.

Some other beliefs: It’s to much work. It’s to hard. I can’t do this. No one will listen to me. I can’t speak the truth, because I won’t be loved.

Many times these negative messages to self sabotage us from succeeding in relationships and life. As long as we believe in the negative message, the more we will believe the outcome will be negative.

In relationships we will say:

He won’t do anything. She’s cheating. He’s out with someone I know it. I don’t trust him. I won’t trust her. She’s ignoring me. He really hates me. He is talking behind my back.

Is your belief true? Is it false? There’s only one way to find out. Turn it around into a positive belief and walk by faith and not sight. What happen in the past doesn’t mean it will happen again and again unless you allow the belief to sabotage your success.

Beliefs aren’t always real and true. You may think so, because Aunt Virgin told you so, or the Pastor’s Wife told you, or your parents were firm believers. You’re friend may either hate your partner, or want your partner. They may have the right heart, but many times people are given the wrong information and influenced by other people who have negative belief systems.

Write down what you believe.

I am…...... I never…... I can’t…... I won’t…... I don’t…... That is impossible…...

Recognize your negative beliefs and find a positive belief to replace it.

Ask yourself if it’s true? Is life really hard, or you just think it is hard. Many times when we start learning, getting into the groove, and move, it comes quite easily. We waste our time believing what ever we face will turn out in a negative way.